Look, we’re strong advocates of eating what makes you happy, lets you lead a happy life, and puts a smile on your face with every single bite. And, despite some people living by the idea that food should be treated as nothing more than objective sustenance, there’s nothing wrong with enjoying the meals you have when it’s time to chow down. So, today we’d like to introduce you to one of the most important superfoods you should eat more of, garlic.
Now, if you’re quite the chef and understand the integral role garlic plays in every single dish, then you don’t need any convincing. But, far too many people give this superfood a bad reputation just because of the strong odors and breathy smell you get after eating. It is among the best foods out there at reinforcing your immune system, and we firmly believe that’s something we all should strive to improve, especially now.
Why You Need A Strong Immune System
Your immune system is the first barrier of defense when any unknown disease, sickness, or infection finds its way into your system and starts attacking your body. You can think of the immune system as the effective police inside, making their patrols and ensuring that the body leads a happy life. Therefore, you need it to be strong because you wouldn’t want it to be slacking when something dangerous manages to find its way to infect you!
- Combats Covid-19: Until today, the threat of Covid-19 still exists, and it’s dangerous, and reinforcing your immune system is one of the most effective ways to combat the potential transmission of the virus. On the off-chance that you do get infected, a robust immune system enables your body to fight back and recover much faster.
- Live A Fulfilling Life: Plus, a strong immune system just generally lets you live a more fulfilling life because you won’t be held back by a weak body or some other health-related factors. And, if all it takes is to add garlic into your diet, we think that’s an opportunity no one should ever let go to waste.
What Makes It A Superfood?
Now, apart from strengthening your immune system, garlic deserves the title of superfood because of all the other things it can do. Unlike your supplements that address one problem or issue, garlic can achieve multiple things at the same time, which makes it the perfect all-in-one ingredient needed in a healthy diet.
#1 Provides Numerous Health Benefits
Number one, garlic is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals making it a nutrient-dense food. From vitamin C, calcium to a good source of potassium, this superfood covers a lot of ground despite its size. It’s also low on the calorie count, making it the perfect snack for those looking to cut their weight and get a slim and sexy body.
- Reduces High Blood Pressure: Garlic is home to anti-inflammatory properties and active compounds that fight and reduce high blood pressure. As a result, this little guy can keep you safe from hypertension and heart attacks. So, if you know these risks run in the family history, that’s all the more reason to start loving garlic.
- Improve Cholesterol Levels: Yes, we all need cholesterol, but far too high levels of it create fatty deposits and put you at risk of developing heart disease. Garlic can help lower and improve your cholesterol levels and keep you from developing any of these risks at all.
#2 Very Flexible To Work With
Number two, garlic is very flexible and super-easy to work with, so you will have to try extra hard to mess up cooking with this superfood. All the skills necessary typically revolve around slicing, dicing, and peeling the garlic cloves, which are pretty mechanical and don’t require any certain expertise.
- Abundant Number of Dishes: One of the best parts about garlic is the sheer number of dishes you can prepare and add this ingredient in. Plus, if you’re a big fan of high-value eating, you’re certainly getting the most nutrients out of every dish when you add something as healthy and delicious as garlic. Whatever it is you want, this culinary spice is sure to have a place in your recipes.
But, Don’t Trust On Food Alone!
However, despite how healthy and good garlic is at being a superfood, please don’t rely on food alone for your holistic health development. Sure, eating healthy makes up a huge chunk of a healthy lifestyle, but regular exercise and taking your necessary multivitamins are equally as important. Plus, health isn’t only about the individual but also your capacity to help others. Therefore, you must also equip yourself with CPR skills and basic first-aid knowledge at the very least.
Living The Best Life
Nevertheless, if you want to live your best life, then making smart food options should become a priority. So, try your best to welcome garlic more often in your diet, and you’ll have plenty of benefits to gain. In fact, you might even enjoy it more than you give it credit for!