Villa Hope has received notice from the China Center of Adoption Affairs (CCAA) that single women may apply to adopt special focus children listed on the Special Needs System of CCAA. One applicant may adopt one special focus child at a time, with an interval of at least one year between two adoptions.
Single women wishing to apply must meet the following criteria
- Applicant should be at least 30 years old and under 50 years old. Applicant’s over 50, the age difference between the child to be adopted and the applicant shall be no more than 45 years.
- Unmarried applicants shall provide certification for being single and non-homosexual; divorced applicants shall provide the divorce certificate of the last marriage; and widowed applicants shall provide the death certificate of their ex-spouse.
- Applicants must meet the same physical and mental requirements set forth by CCAA for married couples
- Applicants must be law abiding with no criminal record and have good moral quality and conduct
- The family annual income shall reach $10,000 per family member, including the prospective adoptee and the family net assets value should reach $100,000.
- Applicants must have adequate medical insurance which can cover the medical expenses of the adopted child.
- Applicants shall be experience in child caring or be occupied in child-related fields, such as doctor, nurse, teach, child psychologist etc. It’s best that the applicant has experience caring for a child with special needs.
- There can be no more than two children in the applicant’s family under the age of 18. The youngest child should have reached the age of 6.
- Single women who are co-habitating with a male partner are eligible, the requirements set forth by CCAA for prospective adoptive couples will be applied.