Villa Hope has been working in China for nearly two decades. In 2010 the CCCWA ranked the top 20 agencies worldwide for “Thorough overall assessment, adoption agencies which have excelled in their job, cooperation with CCCWA”, and Villa Hope was ranked number 11 out of this group of agencies.
***Villa Hope does not have a waiting list in our China Special Needs Program. Please contact us today about this wonderful opportunity for our families. ***
Villa Hope is priveledged to work with the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption (CCCWA) to help find families for children with special needs. The children in this program have been identified as having one or more medical or developmental special need or are considered special needs based on their age. Medical and/or developmental special needs can range from minor to more significant medical conditions; however, many of the medical conditions are manageable. The children range in age from 12 months to 13 years old. Both girls and boys are available. There continues to be a need for families for boys. The CCCWA has two programs within them special needs program. The first is the medical special needs program. These children tend to be younger with more minor medical special need. For this program you would need to be logged in to the CCCWA first and then matched by the CCCWA with a child. The second is the special focus program. This program has precious children who may be older or have a more significant medical special need. The CCCWA has also approved the adoption of two children at one time. If you are interested in adopting two children at one time please contact us today for further information.
Adoptive Family Qualifications (if you have any questions about these qualifications please contact us today).
- Couples or singles age 30-49 at time of at time of dossier submission to China for the medical special needs program.
- Couples may be up to age 55 for the placement of a child in the Special Focus program.
- Please contact our Director of International Programs, Pat Baldwin at email@example.com
Length of Marriage/ Divorce
- Minimum 2 years of marriage.
- Minimum 5 years of marriage if either parent has been previously married
- Up to 2 divorces per spouse. Approval will be on a case-by-case basis
- $10,000 in annual income per member of the household including the child(ren) to be adopted
- $80,000 in net worth
- Age 30-49 years
- No more than 2 children in the home and the youngest child must be older than 5 at the time of application.
- Must be matched with a Special Focus child.
- If applicant is over age 50, no more than 45 year age difference between child and applicant.
- Minimum new worth of $100,000 and annual income of $10,000 per family member (including the prospective adoptee).
- Additional requirements for single females who live with a male partner.
Travel in Country
It is required for one parent to travel to China to complete the adoption. Villa Hope strongly support and encourage both parents traveling. The average length of the trip is approximately 14 days, depending on the child’s province. **This time may be extended if adopting two children.
The same China Representative will guide you throughout the entire adoption trip. The guide will travel with your child’s province and to Guangzhou to the Embassy appointment.
To apply for this program, click this link to download the Villa Hope Application for Services.
If you are interested in the China Waiting Child program please send an email to Pat Baldwin, Director of International Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.